A house is incomplete without a garden. It gives your home an attractive look, and they have many advantages. If your garden has many trees, grasses, and shrubs. Then you need to keep your garden eco-friendly and make them clean. Trees give you oxygen and take in carbon dioxide, which is great for our environment. As autumn approaches, the leaves begin to fall from the trees, and they create a huge mess. It becomes very difficult to collect the scattered leaves from the wind. We can use these collected leaves in very useful ways especially in gardening, after some process.
The leaves contain many minerals and nutrients like nitrogen, potassium, carbon, phosphorus, and magnesium. After decomposition, these nutrients are absorbed into the soil, and the soil also contains many nutrients. These leaf and soil nutrients improve garden soil fertility. The best way to crush leaves, and flower beds into small pieces, is leaf mulching. This process is very suitable for gardens, especially vegetable gardens. There are so many mulcher machines with different blades and functions, but a leaf mulcher with metal blades makes moving very easy.
After mulching, the shredded leaves are left until spring. This leaf mulch makes the soil wet and blocks the light to weeds. There are so many vegetables that grow in the shaded area like leeks, herbs, carrots, spinach, potatoes, lettuce, spinach, radishes, broccoli, onions, cabbage, and many more. They need 4-5 hours of sunlight. Water and sunlight are essential for gardening. Leaf mulch retains soil moisture. In this way, we can save water easily. Vegetables that grow in full sun like okra, eggplant, corn, garlic, jalapeno, cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, peppers, beans, and many more. These vegetables require 6-8 hours of sunlight on a daily basis to grow. They also use leaf mulch to conserve water vapor.
How can we make leaf mulch?
We can make mulch from chopped leaves. First, we need to collect all the leaves into bags. We have two methods of making mulch leaves. The first step is to crush the leaves by hand. Another and better way is to use a powerful leaf mulcher. A mulcher machine cuts the leaves into smaller pieces and reduces the size of the leaf bags. We can then store them in bags and wait for spring to come. The earthworms make these leaves like soil with rich nutrients that makes the gardening process more organic.
Benefits of leaf mulcher:
- It retains moisture.
- It prevents the growth of wild weeds.
- It keeps the temperature cool.
- The mulching process is so organic that it provides rich nutrients to the soil.
- This organic process gives vegetables more sweetness.
- The best part is that leaf mulch is free, you don’t have to spend money on it.
- Earthworms are attracted to shredded leaves, which make the soil more fertile.
- These leaves contain a large amount of carbon that provides to the soil and vegetables. Plants get energy from this carbon to grow.
- In winter, some gardeners use this leaf mulch and wrap it tightly, so the air doesn’t escape easily. This insulation is very good for the ground.
- Soil fertility is improved by leaf mulch.